Raymie Stata - Yahoo
Talk by Raymie Stata , ex-CTO at Yahoo
Some tech roles:
- manage commitment. People depend on product, they make it happen on time.
- Individual Contributor (ic):
- i shaped
- t shaped
- There are some companies that don’t have an architect branch. (google)
More in depth about Architect:
- It’s all about managing trade offs
- tech debt: making not-the-most-elegant solution and deciding to leave
the elegant solution for the future. Customers will never be happy
about paying down the debt, they want solutions.
- need to understand how software evolves over time. Understand how to
get what you want done working with what you’ve already got.
- Startups: they don’t teach you how get things done in large
- As an architect people have to trust that you’re doing the best for
the company, not just your career.